Subsidized Child Care • Payment Assistance • Child Care Services
The Alternative Payment program helps families arrange for child care services and makes payments directly to child care providers. Families can receive child care through a state- licensed Child Care Centers, a state-licensed Family Child Care Home, or through license-exempt care by friends or relatives.
- For children of parents who are employed, attending school, job training or engaged in other approved activities.
- Families must meet State income and eligibility requirements.
- Services are provided for residents of the following cities:
-Los Angeles County
- City of Industry (91744), Claremont (91711), Covina (91722 - 91724), Diamond Bar (91765), Glendora (91740 & 91741), Hacienda Heights (91745), La Puente (91744 - 91746), La Verne (91750), Pomona (91766 - 91768), Rowland Heights (91748), San Dimas (91773), Valinda (91744), Walnut (91789), West Covina (91790 - 91792),
- San Bernardino County
- Alta Loma (91701 & 91737), Chino (91710 - 91708), Chino Hills (91709), Montclair (91763), Mt. Baldy (91759), Ontario (91761, 91762, 91764 & 91758), Rancho Cucamonga (91730, 91739 & 91729), Upland (91784, 91786 & 91785)
- This service is free
- Children accepted
How to Apply
Call (909) 397-4740 to complete an eligibility screening. If you are eligible for services, you will be told which programs you qualify for and provided the contact information for those programs. You will then need to contact the programs directly to be placed on a waiting list. Participants in eligible programs (i.e., GAIN) will be referred directly to services.
Wait time varies and is based on family size, family income, and funding availability.