Financial Assistance • Rent Assistance • Utilities Assistance • Homelessness Prevention
The EAPE Program helps CalWORKs Welfare-to-Work (WtW) families who are behind in rent and/or utility bills due to a financial crisis which could lead to an eviction and homelessness. It provides eligible families with a once-in-a-lifetime maximum of $3,000 to pay their past due rent and/or utilities for up to two months to help them keep their housing. Eligible families can receive EAPE only if the payment of past due rent or utility bills will prevent eviction.
- Eligible families must:
- Be CalWORKs approved
- Meet one of the following criteria:
- CalWORKs participant is employed full-time,
- CalWORKs participant is employed part-time and actively participating in an approved GAIN activity or Post-Time Limit (PTL) services
- CalWORKs participant is unemployed and actively participating in an approved GAIN activity or Post-Time Limit (PTL) services
- Have exhausted or be ineligible for the State’s Permanent Homeless Assistance Arrearages payment;
- Have a verifiable financial hardship resulting from circumstances beyond the family’s control that caused the nonpayment of rent and/or utilities
- Provide verification of the financial hardship
- Provide verification of the past due rent and/or utilities
- Agree to pay a portion of the past due rent and/or utilities
- This service is free
How to Apply
Eligible families may apply in person at the Pomona DPSS office. Click here to learn about or apply for CalWORKs benefits.