The Salvation Army provides an emergency food program which provides monthly assistance to homeless individuals or families and once-every-two-months assistance to those with an address. Participants are given a box of food generally including meat, bread, eggs, and miscellaneous foodstuffs, depending on availability. Bus vouchers are also available.
- Must be residents of Pomona, Claremont, La Verne, Dan Dimas, Glendora, Diamond or Walnut.
- This service is free
How to Apply
The contact person for the program can be reached at 909-623-1579, ext. 201 for intake and to confirm availability. Office hours are M-F 8:00am-4:00pm
First time participants will be asked to provide:
- ID for each household member (driver's license, SS card)
- birth certificate or immunization record for children
- Proof of income (check stub, public aid information, etc.)
- Proof of residence (utility bill, rental statement, etc.)
Food assistance may be utilized every 2 months (30 days if homeless)