Family Services • Family Preservation • Child Abuse Prevention • Case Management • Individual Therapy • Family Therapy • Group Therapy • Referrals
The Family Preservation Program seeks to strengthen and preserve families who are at risk of or already experiencing family problems, helping children to remain safely at home with their parents. Services are provided by subcontracting agencies and include:
- Family/child assessments
- Referrals for childcare, health care, housing, mental health, and special education as needed
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- Support and discussion groups
- Case management
- Linkage to additional support groups to help families build their own support
Call 909-397-4491 ext. 26594 for more information.
- Recipients of this program are:
- Families referred by Hotline service
- Families who volunteer in order to reduce the imminent risk of coming under the jurisdiction of the Juvenile Court for dependency
- Families of children who have been removed from the physical custody of their parents, but can be quickly reunified if Family Preservation services are provided
- Families with children who are at home with their families under order of the Juvenile Court, and can, with Family Preservation services, be left safely in the care of their families without court intervention.
- This service is free
How to Apply
There must be demonstrated need for families to participate in program. Referrals options include:
- Referred through the Hotlines
- School administrators may refer families through the Los Angeles County Department of Child and Family Services (DCFS).
- A parent can request participation in the Family Preservation program by calling 909-397-4491. There must be an allegation of need.