Benefits Assistance • Get Covered California • Health Insurance Enrollment • Health Insurance Information/Counseling
Molina Health will put you in touch with an insurance broker to walk you through insurance enrollment process.
Additional information such as the following will be needed:
- Social Security numbers for applicants who are U.S. citizens, or document information for immigrants with satisfactory status who need insurance. Proof of citizenship or immigration status is required only for applicants.
- Employer and income information for everyone in applicant's family.
- Federal tax information. For example, the person who files taxes as head of household and the dependents claimed on your taxes.
- Information about health insurance that applicant or any family member
gets through a job.
- Molina Health asks about income and other information to make sure applicant and family get the most benefits possible.
- Molina Health keeps all information private and secure, as required by law.
- Molina uses applicant's information only to see if (s)he qualifies for health insurance.
- Families that include immigrants can apply. Applicant can apply for hjs/her child even if he/she isn't eligible for coverage. Applying for your eligible child won’t affect your immigration status or chances of becoming a permanent resident or citizen.
- If applicant doesn't file taxes, he/she can still qualify for free or low-cost insurance through Medi-Cal.
- If applicant is a federally recognized American Indian or Alaska Native who is getting services from the Indian Health Services, tribal health programs, or urban Indian health programs, (s)he may still qualify for health insurance through Covered California.
- For residents of California in need of health insurance
- This service is free
How to Apply
Call (855) 542-1974 to be connected with an insurance broker to determine what insurance you may qualify for. Or fill out contact form for someone to contact you.
For enrollment appointment, will need to provide:
- Photo ID
- Proof of income (most recent pay stub)
- Current proof of address
- Social Security number(s) for all those applying for coverage
- Date of Births for all those applying for coverage
- Certificate of Naturalization or Residency Card (Green Card)
Note, the Open Enrollment Period for 2016 has ended. The Open Enrollment Period for coverage starting in 2017 is November 1st, 2017 to January 31st, 2018. Individuals may also qualify for Special Enrollment Periods outside of Open Enrollment if they experience certain events. Events include:
- Lost or will soon lose health insurance
- Permanently moved to/within California
- Had a baby or adopted a child
- Got married or entered into domestic partnership
- Returned from active duty military services
- Gained citizenship/lawful presence
- Federally Recognized American Indian/Alaska Native
See additional information about Qualifying Life Events for Special Enrollment.
Applicant may enroll in Medi-Cal or CHIP at anytime.