Benefits Assistance • Get Covered California • Health Insurance Enrollment • Health Insurance Information/Counseling
A certified enrollment counselor will assist you and your family in selecting a health insurance option and will assist you in applying for coverage.
- Social Security numbers for applicants who are U.S. citizens, or document information for immigrants with satisfactory status who need insurance. Proof of citizenship or immigration status is required only for applicants.
- Employer and income information for everyone in your family.
- Your federal tax information. For example, the person who files taxes as head of household and the dependents claimed on your taxes.
- Information about health insurance that you or any family member
gets through a job.
- We ask about income and other information to make sure you and your family get the most benefits possible.
- We keep your information private and secure, as required by law.
- We’ll use your information only to see if you qualify for health insurance.
- Families that include immigrants can apply. You can apply for your child even if you aren’t eligible for coverage. Applying for your eligible child won’t affect your immigration status or chances of becoming a permanent resident or citizen.
- If you don’t file taxes, you can still qualify for free or low-cost insurance through Medi-Cal.
- If you are a federally recognized American Indian or Alaska Native who is getting services from the Indian Health Services, tribal health programs, or urban Indian health programs, you may still qualify for health insurance through Covered California.
- For residents of California in need of health insurance.
- This service is free
- All genders welcome
How to Apply
Walk-ins accepted but highly encouraged to call beforehand to determine what program is appropriate.
Call to schedule at (909) 397-7660. Leave a voice mail with name and number if no answer- calls are promptly returned.
For enrollment appointment, will need to provide:
- Photo ID
- Proof of income (most recent pay stub)
- Current proof of address
- Social Security number(s) for all those applying for coverage
- Date of Births for all those applying for coverage
- Certificate of Naturalization or Residency Card (Green Card)
Note, the Open Enrollment Period for 2015 has ended. The Open Enrollment Period for coverage starting in 2016 is November 1st, 2015 to January 31st, 2016. Individuals may also qualify for Special Enrollment Periods outside of Open Enrollment if they experience certain events. Events include:
- Lost or will soon lose health insurance
- Permanently moved to/within California
- Had a baby or adopted a child
- Got married or entered into domestic partnership
- Returned from active duty military services
- Gained citizenship/lawful presence
- Federally Recognized American Indian/Alaska Native
See additional information about Qualifying Life Events for Special Enrollment.
You may enroll in Medi-Cal or CHIP at anytime.