Methadone Maintenance • Substance Use
Aegis Medical Systems provides Methadone Treatment. This program utilizes controlled dosages of methadone, in order to support the efforts of abusers to abstain from use of heroin. The dosage of methadone is gradually reduced so that the individual's dependency is reduced and, if possible, eventually eliminated.
In general, Aegis admits patients over the age of 18 who have a minimum of 1 year of opiate abuse. Patients who have a previous treatment failure can be admitted to the various Maintenance or Extended Detox programs. Patient with no previous treatment history are admitted to the 21-Day Detox Program.
- Insurance accepted for treatment: HMOs, PPOs, IPAs (e.g. Kaiser Permanente, Health Net, United Health) and large employer plans (e.g. Wells Fargo, Target, UC System). Over 50% of Aegis’ existing patients have their treatment paid in full by Medi-Cal, Medicare.
- Services provided on a sliding scale
- Medicaid accepted
- Private insurance accepted
- Adults accepted
- Seniors accepted
How to Apply
It's recommended that individuals call ahead prior to walking in, but walk-ins are accepted.
The admission process takes 2 to 3 hours, and includes the following procedures:
- Completion of patient health history and treatment questionnaire at the waiting area. Assistance will be provided if individuals are not fluent in English.
- Verification of identity and eligibility for Medi-Cal, Medicare or Private Insurance with the Front Office staff.
- Brief interview with the Clinic Manager discussing the individual’s specific clinical needs and preferences.
- Completion of medical examination with the physician and back office staff. - - Upon physician’s discretion, the patient is admitted and will proceed with the admission process.
- Completion of lab work.
- Administration of initial medication, followed up with an observation period.
- Orientation of the patient, and scheduling of follow-up appointments.